We all have that one favorite song that comes through our headphones and gets us AMPED UP to continue our workout. Particularly when a workout is strenuous, it’s common to have low motivation. Sometimes hearing a fast-paced tune is all we need to push through!
Whether it is a classic like Queen, or hardcore rap like DMX, it’s up to you to discover what music motivates you! Music may not always seem extremely important, but scientific research has proven its positive effects. A study done on subjects who were running on the treadmill determined that those who listened to faster music ran at quicker speeds and produced increased heart rates when compared to those running to slower/quieter music or no music at all. This may seem simple and obvious, but this research shows the importance of creating a workout playlist that can help increase your heart rate as well as your motivation. Using original artist music from Instructor Music, will motivate you and your class.
Take some time out of your day to create a powerful playlist to benefit your exercise routine and take your classes to the next level. Our DJ’s have offered their musical expertise, and have compiled a list of top pump-up songs to check out! Here are twenty of our favorite jams to add to your playlist:
- “No Excuses” by NF
- “Juice” by Lizzo
- “Black Dog” by Led Zeppelin
- “‘Till I Collapse” by Eminem
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- “Roar” by Katy Perry
- “What’s My Name” by DMX
- “Collard Greens” by Schoolboy Q
- “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” by Daft Punk
- “Don’t Stop Believin” by Journey
- “Cake By the Ocean” by DNCE
- “Get Me Bodied” by Beyonce
- “What a Feeling” by Irene Cara
- “Can’t Hold Me Down” by GRiZ
- “Nonstop” by Drake
- “Move Your Body” by Sia
- “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister
- “Scream & Shout” by will.i.am and Britney Spears
- “American Dream” by Skizzy Mars
- “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor
What’s your favorite pump up song?!