When you’re burning a CD in iTunes, you may need to ensure that the CD you’re burning is gapless so that it plays back the way it was meant to sound. Here’s how to burn a gapless CD in recent versions of iTunes:
Time Required: About 30 seconds more than making a standard burned CD in iTunes
- Follow the standard steps for burning a CD. These include making a playlist, adding songs to it, and inserting a blank CD.
- When you click the Burn Playlist to Disc button, a window will pop up.
- In the window, there will be a menu labeled Gap Between Songs. The drop-down menu next to it lets you choose how long the silence between songs will be. For a gapless CD, choose 0 seconds.
- Click Burn and your gapless CD will be created.
What You Need
- A blank CDR
- An iTunes library with music in it
- A CD/DVD drive that can burn CDs